TITLE | PIPE™
Last Updated: Aug 1, 2020
Our Commitment to Privacy
Your privacy is important to us. In order to better protect your privacy, we provide this notice (the “Policy”) to explain our information practices. By providing personal information to Title Pipe through the Services, you consent to Title Pipe collecting, using, and disclosing your personal information in accordance with this Policy.
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us. We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when accounts are created, and participation in any interactive features of the Services (like send a message through the Services), provide documents through the Services, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, username, password, email address, physical address(s), photo, phone number(s), transaction role(s), company role(s), banking information, social security number, marital status and any other information relevant to the role you are participating in any real estate transaction or company in connection with real estate transactions that you or other participating users choose to provide.
Information We Collect When You Use the Services. When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Usage information: We collect information about your duration and frequency of use of the Services such as error notification frequencies, communication preferences, support search inputs, number of transactions started, joined or invited to, the amount of time transactions take to close, roles invited to transactions, closing accommodation use, number of transaction documents, file sizes, single vs multiple task assignments, and completion of funding information.
- Log Information: We may collect log information related to your access and use of the Services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your devices time zone, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information.
- Location Information: We may collect information about the location of your device when you consent to the collection of this information. For more details, please see “Your Choices” below.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We and our service providers such as support services, site analytics, authentication services, and hosting platforms use various technologies to collect information, including cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular, and count visits. Web beacons (also known as “pixel tags” or “clear GIFs”) are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, please see “Your Choices” below.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services. For example, we may collect information about you from third parties, including but not limited to identity verification services, business partners, financial services providers, credit bureaus, industry associations, mailing list providers, other users of our Services, and publicly available sources.
Use of Information
We use the information we collect to administer your account and provide real estate transaction services. We may also use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Services;
- Provide and deliver the products and services you request, process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations and invoices;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about enhancements, products, services, reminders, notifications, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by Title Pipe and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of Title Pipe and others;
- Personalize your online experience and the information you see when you use the Services,
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service;
- In connection with research and development activities; and
- · Carry out any other purpose for which described to you at the time the information was collected.
Sharing of Information
- With vendors, service providers, consultants that perform services for use, including but not limited to payment processing, notary services, property inspection, property warranty, insurance, appraisal management or other services in the real estate transactions;
- With other users of the Services, if you post content in an area of the Services accessible to others (e.g. post information, instructions, messages, images, video or documentation in connection with a transaction.)
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet law enforcement requirements;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, if we believe you have violated the law, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Title Pipe or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
- Between and among Title Pipe and our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and other companies under common control and ownership; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
Title Pipe takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services, or as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Transfer of Information to the U.S. and Other Countries
Title Pipe is based in the United States and we process and store information in the U.S. and other countries. Therefore, we and our service providers may transfer your information to, or store or access it in jurisdictions that may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction.
Account Information. You may update and correct certain account information you provide to us at any time by logging into your account or by contacting us using the information included below. If you wish to delete or deactivate your account, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
Cookies. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
Promotional Communications. You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from Title Pipe by following the instructions in those emails or by contacting our support operations at email@example.com. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Mobile Push Notifications/Alerts. With your consent, we may send promotional and non-promotional push notifications or alerts to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.